PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

Ken
1st December 2012, 11:56 AM
Well I've bought a laptop (Windows 7). And when I run GTA-SA, I get massive lag (Not chat-lag).

Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU - TS3100 @ 1.90 GHz 1.90 GHz mobile intel (r) 45 express chipset family

thanks in advance.

Jay Westwood
1st December 2012, 11:59 AM
Well thats why i don't buy laptops for gaming , i had the same problem on my dad's laptop and thats why im playing for my computer , i think its becouse something about the graffics card , im not really sure and i would like to know too how to fix it.

Aero__
1st December 2012, 12:01 PM
Here's a guide I found very useful. I used it when my old laptop would do the same.

Step one.
Plug your laptop out, make sure it has no power connection and is OFF.
Step two.
Proceed to flip over your laptop, looking at the part where your battery is placed.
Step three.
Now this is the most important step so pay careful attention,
Go to your kitchen grab a knife and some nutella.
Step four.
Get some bread too, if you don't have any, improvise, use crackers etc.
Step five.
Make yourself a sammich.
Step six.
Dump your piece off shit laptop in the toilet and purchase a new one.
Step seven.
?????
Step eight.
Buy a new better laptop you cheap cunt.
Step nine.
Profit.

Ken
1st December 2012, 12:02 PM
Here's a guide I found very useful. I used it when my old laptop would do the same.

Step one.
Step two.
Proceed to flip over your laptop, looking at the part where your battery is placed.
Step three.
Step four.
Step five.
Make yourself a sammich.
Step six.
Step seven.
?????
Step eight.
Step nine.
Profit.

lol,

k but srs now.

Marcy Shiels
1st December 2012, 12:11 PM

Step one.
Step two.
Step three.
Step four.
Step five.
Make yourself a sammich.
Step six.
Step seven.
?????
Step eight.
Step nine.
Profit.

Don't troll over this section, this will get you an infraction.

OP: Try putting all of the settings on low, this is the only thing that works for me since I have the same issue.
Awaiting player's answer

Jules Winnfield
1st December 2012, 12:13 PM
How much ram does your PC have? Just from telling by your CPU its being ran hard and not going to be able to run the game good.

Batman.
1st December 2012, 01:07 PM
I have a laptop, it used to run Windows 7, 'till I downgraded to Windows XP. I never had problem with SA-MP, never lagged or anything of the sort, maybe your laptop's performance is too low.

Ken
1st December 2012, 01:12 PM
Don't troll over this section, this will get you an infraction.

OP: Try putting all of the settings on low, this is the only thing that works for me since I have the same issue.
Awaiting player's answer

lower the game options itself? or something with my pc, cuz im not good with that shit

How much ram does your PC have? Just from telling by your CPU its being ran hard and not going to be able to run the game good.
3.00 gb ram

I have a laptop, it used to run Windows 7, 'till I downgraded to Windows XP. I never had problem with SA-MP, never lagged or anything of the sort, maybe your laptop's performance is too low.
downgrade? explain.

Kash
1st December 2012, 01:31 PM
When you join SARP follow these steps.
1). Press ESC > Go to Options/Display Setup > Go to Advanced > Eliminate Draw Distance, also Frame Limiter, and set the Visual Quality to Low.
2). Download an anti-virus software, there are a lot that are free so do your research. Remove all viruses, because it may be a cause of ruining your in-game experience (as well as re-install your game if possible).
3). Download Game-Booster and run it while playing.
4). If you got any modifications delete them, because most of the times modifications becomes the cause of the lag issue.
5). Close unneeded applications on the background.

Awaiting Player.

Timmy_Jimmy
1st December 2012, 01:38 PM
When you join SARP follow these steps.
1). Press ESC > Go to Options/Display Setup > Go to Advanced > Eliminate Draw Distance, also Frame Limiter, and set the Visual Quality to Low.
2). Download an anti-virus software, there are a lot that are free so do your research. Remove all viruses, because it may be a cause of ruining your in-game experience (as well as re-install your game if possible).
3). Download Game-Booster and run it while playing.
4). If you got any modifications delete them, because most of the times modifications becomes the cause of the lag issue.
5). Close unneeded applications on the background.

Awaiting Player.

As well as this, go to Computer then hit the system properties tab at the top. Then go on Advanced System Settings and this should put you in to the Advanced tab in a pop out. On this new window click on the first Settings you see and then untick everything. Apply this and try and see what's what.

Vitto Rizzi
1st December 2012, 01:43 PM
Okay uh, as far as im consurned, the CPU information doesent tell us anything. Only thing i can think of is that you didnt buy a very good laptop, since its a very poor CPU and if they would put a good GPU on it, the CPU will bottleneck it. Im also guessing that its an onboard graphics card (on the CPU nor motherboard).
Things you could do are: turn everything low on nVidia/ATi settings(if you even have a correct graphics card)
Run CCleaner and clean up some shit,
Defrag your harddrive - remove viruses (use MSE and SPYBOT),
Maybe there are some drivers missing from your computer - check device manager for yellow questionmarks,
Upgrade your GPU drivers also if you have a seprated one.

Also, could you please give us more info about your laptop, the name and the specs? So i can investigate it further.

Thank you

-EDIT-

You can also try reformating, that helps alot when you have any problems and install the drivers in the correct order (google for the order, many laptop work better when the drivers are installed in the right order)

Jules Winnfield
1st December 2012, 01:45 PM
lower the game options itself? or something with my pc, cuz im not good with that shit

3.00 gb ram

downgrade? explain.

There's a problem too, windows 7 needs 2gb of ram to run and whatever programs you have running will deplete the last 1gb so SA will be struggling to find memory to run itself

Ken
1st December 2012, 02:34 PM
it's slightly fixed untill further notice, answered.

Marcy Shiels
1st December 2012, 02:46 PM
Okay then, closed and archived.