PDA

View Full Version : How To: Disable DISLIKE Notifications

Prodigy
7th December 2012, 01:44 PM
Since I, and the general admin population, are tired of the FC's and constant whining from people who are being spammed with dislike notifications; go here to disable them:

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/thanks.php?do=profile&action=options

If you cba to disable them yourself, don't cry about them.

Best regards,
Prodigy

Jay Westwood
7th December 2012, 01:54 PM
Better remove the "Dislike" button , its been explointing by everyone... REMOVE IT PLEASE!

Prodigy
7th December 2012, 02:04 PM
It's not being removed.

Cartorious.
7th December 2012, 02:05 PM
It's not being removed.

Why , please remove it , a lot of guys doing dislike with no reason and have one he is spam with his dislikes.

Shi
7th December 2012, 02:10 PM
Like/Thanks/Dislike are purely cosmetic systems. You wont get banned or have your posting permissions limited by them ever. If someone just dislikes every post you probably don't need to take their opinion very seriously.

I honestly don't get all the upset considering how the vast majority of people were pushing for the dislike button to be added for all users.

Agent Cole Phelps
7th December 2012, 02:18 PM
Like/Thanks/Dislike are purely cosmetic systems. You wont get banned or have your posting permissions limited by them ever. If someone just dislikes every post you probably don't need to take their opinion very seriously.

I honestly don't get all the upset considering how the vast majority of people were pushing for the dislike button to be added for all users.

Just so they can spam everyone with dislikes as you can slowly see people that haven't been famed and just got the button dislike a few days ago are almost on the top - http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/thanks.php?do=statistics

Also, congrats with your promotion.

Dustin Keys
7th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Purge, the real reason people are complaining about it is either because of the notifications, solved on this post, or because they are too worried about their reputation (the green bars under your name) being lowered. If you removed reputation it would eliminate all of the whining about likes or dislikes and make everyone else whine about not having the little green bars under their name.

Agent Cole Phelps
7th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Purge, the real reason people are complaining about it is either because of the notifications, solved on this post, or because they are too worried about their reputation (the green bars under your name) being lowered. If you removed reputation it would eliminate all of the whining about likes or dislikes and make everyone else whine about not having the little green bars under their name.

In a way, I'll agree with you about this. That's another reason I want the dislike button restricted to players who only have one year vet.

Shi
7th December 2012, 02:43 PM

Dislike doesn't affect reputation. That got changed about the same time this thread was posted.

Jay Westwood
7th December 2012, 02:46 PM
Dislike doesn't affect reputation. That got changed about the same time this thread was posted.

Yea sure , thats why i get a red bar for nothing , man everyone disliking without any reasons , just to piss you off.. Thats all..

Shi
7th December 2012, 02:57 PM
Yea sure , thats why i get a red bar for nothing , man everyone disliking without any reasons , just to piss you off.. Thats all..

Whether the dislike/like system is in or not people can add or remove from your reputation as they please.

I'm actually gonna go through some of the dislike logs from when it did affect reputation and look for people who were making new accounts to dislike posts, because it seems like some of that has been going on. I'll be banning the users involved (at least temporarily) and will be resetting the reputation levels of the people affected.

Cleopatra Cassenova
7th December 2012, 03:02 PM
lmfao, y'all make an issue out of everything.

Sean Bears
7th December 2012, 03:11 PM
Wrong section.

Luke Shiels
7th December 2012, 03:15 PM
ALL THE BUTTHURT. Oh well, it's a forum. Who cares about how many likes or dislikes people have?

OG Malkoi
7th December 2012, 09:29 PM
I see no issues with the dislike button. I do see an issue with the said abuse of it. If its possible to make it an option in the created forum thread, like a poll. I dont know, I personally could care less if someone likes or dislikes my posts. I am posting here in regards that patrons in my community are dissatisfied with it.

I note that Purge is going to punish people abusing the option. Thank you for that. Making multiple accounts to dislike someone, is going to far.

Hawdiey
8th December 2012, 07:25 AM
Ya, it's a must, everyone is doing a shit, by hitting the dislike button on every posts. idk no why they're doing that. lol

Jurica
8th December 2012, 07:57 AM
It is an awesome feature but too many noobs that abuse it..

Zem.
9th January 2013, 05:52 AM
Someone makes new account, so they cam dislike other post, even me, look at the Red thing, its Green, now its Red because someone keeps on disliking my post ..

Hamilton
9th January 2013, 06:09 AM
I think you should be able to give 1 dislike for every like that you get.

SliceNDice
9th January 2013, 06:28 AM
It's cool, but as they say, they get abused.

ST3V3©®
15th February 2013, 05:52 AM
When someone like your post you get a reputation point right? and if they dislike it its wont get down so why people cry for it? I don't know about it but i think its a good way to share your mind with others what they think about you and your posts... and Thank you so much to SARP and mostly Purge for his great work and job what he is doing for us and for what he explained...

Ryan Crowley
15th February 2013, 09:27 AM
Why would you want to do something like that? If you disable it then you wouldn't know who's post to dislike for revenge?!?!?!