PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Guide by Rod Skull

RodSkull
21st March 2013, 12:13 PM
- Metagaming: Mixing IC (In Charater) with OOC (Out Of Character). Miss-use of chats or Miss-use of RP (Roleplay) commands.

Example:
- Using names on the IC chat by reading them above the players' heads.
- Refusing to sell materials/weapons/drugs to LEOs (Law Enforcement Officers) because of their Blue name if 1) They are not using a cop skin. 2) You do not know them ICly.
Miss-Use:
- t/do S/F
- t/do Do I succeed?

Powergaming:
- Forcing Roleplay onto someone or acting like a superman/superwoman.
Example:
- t/me punches NAME to make them fall.
- t/me walks trough the wall.

Commands!!

t/do
Usage: t/do [text].
What it does?:[text] ((NAME_LASTNAME))
Proper way to use it?:
t/do [Description]
*Any other use of /do is considered a miss-use of the command.*
/do is NOT an action command.
One more for you birdbrains:
/do is NOT an action command.
*If you scroll up, you will notice that "miss-use of RP commands is considered Metagaming as "Stupidity" is not in the prison list.*

/me (Your main roleplay command right after the chat, YES stupid, there IS a chat! Bet you're all surprised now..)
Usage: t/me [text].
What it does:NAME_LASTNAME [text]
How to use it?: t/me [action]
Example:
t/me raises his glass.
How NOT to use it?:
t/me S/F
t/me ((S/F)). *I've seen both, I won't name people, but I hope they dug a hole and went in it to wait and die.*

---> More on the /me in the following sections.

Animations!
Command: /animations (For the lists)

It can be nice to REPLACE the usual /me spam by an animation. However, if you put an animation, do NOT /me it.

You can do this for example:
t/me fills the glass with rum.
/me extends his hand and grabs the glass (Grabbing the glass)
*Walk to the other person.*
tHere's your rum.

However, do NOT do this:
t/me fills the glass with rum.
ANIMATING(Grabbing the glass)
t/me grabs the glass.
*Walk to the other person.*
tHere's your rum.
***Clear birdbrain-prooved explanation to why you can't do that further.***

GAME

The game offers a lot of possibilities.
- Punching/Hitting.
- Walking.
- Aiming. (With a weapon as you can't distinctly see someone aiming with a melee weapon or their hands.)
- Shooting.
- Jumping.
- Swimming.
- Taking out a weapon.
If you do any of the above, do NOT /me it. (Except for "Taking out a weapon" as it is considered "Asspull" even thought it is stupid and should be removed IMMEDIATELY *Subtle message * but as you cry-babies do what you do best (/cry duh) well...)

So, the reason to that is:
- You do it, so obviously we see it. There is no need to /me it dummies as it is just spam.

You can do this:
*Press jump key*

But, do NOT do this:
t/me jumps.
*Press jump key*

***Only retard do that...wait, never mind even retards know better..***

Automated Commands

If a command already does a /me, NO fucking need to /me it.

Example:
t/fish
t/me throws a fishing rod....
Please, PLEASE do not do this:
t/me starts fishing.
t/fish

PG (Powergaming) issues

I have seen a lot of powergaming so I will clear a few things.

FRISKING:

If you put your hands up, you "automatically" accept the frisk.
(However, this shall be RP'ed.)
Example:
t/s This is the FBI! Put down your weapon if you have one and put your hands up
*Conversation ICly* <------ Damn IMPORTANT line.
tI'm going to frisk you, don't make your case worse by trying to move or resist, sir.
t/frisk

Same goes if you are cuffed.
If you are cuffed you most likely did something before. (Ex: Shooting LEOs or failing to put your hands up when asked, etc.)
Therefore they shall frisk you as you most likely have something to hide. (Should not frisk for tickets and such thought.)
LEOs still have to warn you ICly.
Like this:
tAlright, let's see if you got anything on you that you should not.

The cuffs keep you from really resisting a frisk anyway and if you're /drag'ed it's a lost cause as the LEO is holding you.

Knocking People Out

Sorry to tell you, but knocking people out IS powergaming.

PG: Forcing "RP" onto someone.
-> Should be self explanatory
But you guys are way too stupid to understand that. There is around 30 other ways to do what you do with your knock-outs without the knockout and the rule-breaking. So use your one brain cell and find something better.

Edit: Alright so basically one of the simplest way is forcing someone to obey what you ask them to do by pointing guns at them. Get them to drop their weapons and have them follow you, once they enter your car, tie them and blindfold them instead of stupidly imposing a knockout on them. The knockout is Powergaming as you can not really knockout people and even if they'd try to avoid the knockout you guys would start spamming /b with FUCKING RP and shit when you're the ones actually not RPing. Learn that a gun in real life is better persuasion than a fucking handle. that would be one of the reason, an other being that the knockouts are what makes you missuse the /do command the most with the S/F and questions on wether they agree or not. That would be ONE way to do exactly what you fags do with your knockouts that would be completely RP. There are other ways, work your few brain cells and find some.

Robberies

- You shall NOT run from someone with a weapon.
- You shall NOT take out a weapon when someone is aiming at you or concentrated on you. (You need a distraction from the robber otherwise keep it hidden.)
- You shall NOT use /wt, /call, /sms, /service, /f, /of, /w, /r, /d or /or while your hands are up or you're being aimed at. (Unless it is to call OFF OOC backups.)
***Otherwise that is either Powergaming or Metagaming.***

If this could be either stickied or moved to a section where everyone would see it, that'd be great.

ALSO, do NOT reply here. This thread as been approved by Destiney and whining or complaining about the things said above will not lead anywhere. Save yourself from a cool flame war and just follow what was written above. IF...IF you really want to show your stupidity and try to complain and stuff, PM me so I can have a laugh at you.

http://i.imgur.com/uUYNO8z.png
Appeal this decision by Calv

(http://http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/member.php?27024-Calv)

Enrique
21st March 2013, 12:31 PM
That is pretty useful but if you just could make it more good looking, play with some other colors for titles etc...

RodSkull
21st March 2013, 12:56 PM
Im tired making it buddy. But okay will do in few minutes.

Carlos Vendetta
21st March 2013, 03:47 PM
Nice guide.

Cartorious.
21st March 2013, 03:48 PM
Its good and helpfully.

Julius King
21st March 2013, 03:56 PM
Nice guide.

Clemenza
21st March 2013, 05:50 PM
So you are basically telling us to not RP punching someone even if we think it's better?

RodSkull
21st March 2013, 07:41 PM
@Clemenza , Can you try to punch someone IRL if he'll get knocked? HAHAHA!

Clemenza
22nd March 2013, 04:30 PM
@Clemenza , Can you try to punch someone IRL if he'll get knocked? HAHAHA!

Who the fuck said that you should some basic shit like ''S/F?'', tell me..

You are clearly not able to think beyond it, please, keep your comments for yourself if you won't think properly.

RodSkull
22nd March 2013, 11:13 PM
@Clemenza That's your opinion . Thanks for your critism dont have time, Im laughing at you IRL right now.

Reaper™
23rd March 2013, 07:06 AM
Just a reminder; Cops don't need to suspect something to frisk you. We do routine traffic stops, where we ask for licenses and then frisk you. Although a nice guide.

Brad
23rd March 2013, 07:10 AM
If you ask me, this isn't a roleplay guide as such since there isn't enough detail to explain everything involved with roleplay within the server, there's many more guides with a lot more detail.
I appreciate your attempt though,
Brad.

RodSkull
23rd March 2013, 08:38 AM
Alright , Im sorry for the people who got disappointed, But still THANKS for the people who believe my guide.