PDA

View Full Version : Help with Alcis

DOZER™
9th August 2013, 05:55 PM
Ive been able to install a lot of mods like guns and skin, recently ive tried doing a few other but when it gets to about 70 percent it says "Failed to write entry data". it does this for skin and gun mods. I was wondering if there was some way of fixing it?

Enrique McHarley
9th August 2013, 08:57 PM
Well, have you tried downloading the mods from another uploader or tried any similar mod?

Also, does this error occur when you're downloading it or when you're installing the mod into your GTA?

Jason Rekram
9th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Do you have your SA:MP Client running in the background? Or GTA SA?

Watts.
10th August 2013, 02:31 AM
Run ALCI as an administrator. Make sure you don't have SAMP / GTA SA open in the background.

Try downloading from a more popular website, the ratings in those individual mods matter, they depict how good and working they are.

When importing files, make sure you click on "import and replace" something option, alternate to "import".

I personally suggest you to close all background programs when rebuilding mods using ALCI. Since you're getting these errors, make sure you have an original backup file for the gta3.img or whatever you're modifying.

The best manner to modify is to keep the downloaded mods in the DESK TOP rather than a deep-in-the-jungle kind of folder/files.

If you have any more request/questions regarding the ALCI program, feel free to contact me in my profile.

DOZER™
10th August 2013, 03:34 AM
Thanks people. It happens when I'm re building the gta3 file after importing and replacing stuff

DOZER™
10th August 2013, 11:16 AM
nope, still fucked

Jason Rekram
11th August 2013, 04:47 PM
Make sure you don't have GTA or the SAMP client running in the background when you hit the gear icon.

Watson
13th August 2013, 02:08 PM
This thread isn't going somewhere and was inactive for some time.

Make sure you don't have GTA or the SAMP client running in the background when you hit the gear icon.

Check that, it is a possible problem.

Awaiting player's response for 24 hours.

DOZER™
13th August 2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks for help guys, turns out it was skype that was stopping me using it? anyways its done now.

Watson
13th August 2013, 07:15 PM
Answered and archived.