PDA

View Full Version : /kill to avoid

Justin Fakie
25th August 2013, 03:24 PM
I'd like a full explanation. With the new death system, your body is there until you /accept death or die with time. A long while ago, Rey ruled that you can /kill if someone RPed killing you. This was with the old death system where you just die and respawn at the hospital. Apparently it doesn't apply here anymore, and I don't know if it's because of the new death system or not. I get your body would be there if you typed /kill, so it seems like just RPing it isn't any different. The thing is, you die over time if you /kill. Wouldn't this just be seen RPly as the paramedics have arrived and taken you? I can be shot and have my body taken, but then the RP goes on for like 10-20 minutes. If I typed /kill, I would have been dead already script-wise. So question is, what is /kill to avoid really and where EXACTLY, lemme say that again, EXACTLY, does that apply? I want this ALL cleared up and I'd like a few admins, maybe higher ranked ones, to respond here. It currently seems like it depends on the perception of the admin and/or their kindness with how they decide to punish you if at all.

Steve-O
25th August 2013, 03:44 PM
I believe that you can still /kill if someone RPly killed you BUT you may not /accept death. That's accepting death to avoid RP. Also to prevent any misunderstandings it's easier if you just ask the other player over OOC chat if you may /kill or not. It's polite to interact with the player even though he killed you ICly.

Pending admins

Justin Fakie
25th August 2013, 04:04 PM
I guess typing /kill and giving them time to do whatever until you die seems reasonable. Who is the other person to decide whether you can /kill or not? I'm asking for something solid.

Hiraku
25th August 2013, 08:36 PM
- So the time thing when you have option to /accept death or /service EMS is to increase RP for LSFMD, I mean before this system LSFMD was boring sometimes. I do this when I got RPly shot I chose EMS services, because I can actually tell what kind of injury it is. When I got KOS'ed I just /accept death.
- I think there is no rule added like this, but before someone kill's you, he have to OOCly ask you to not type the /kill thing to continue RP'ing with your body, if he fails to comply you can /kill without getting prisoned.

KevinBlackburn
25th August 2013, 08:57 PM
I have already cleared this up. If you were rply killed you can /accept death.

Justin Fakie
26th August 2013, 12:06 AM

I think this is the best way to look at it, but I still wanna see what admins think as of late.

Ayan.
26th August 2013, 01:29 AM
Well fine i will request an admin to post here so that your doubts are cleared...

Denis Waitley
26th August 2013, 07:45 AM

Yes you can /accept death since medics can't revive you anymore if your head has been shot many times, IRL they can't do that right?

Dice
3rd September 2013, 05:50 PM
I suggest you to PM Kyle for good answer and answer with the best information.

Emily Grey
5th September 2013, 02:52 PM
Did you ever try to contact an admin? If so did you get a response that satisfied you?

Pending player - 24 hours

Justin Fakie
5th September 2013, 06:04 PM
I did not personally ask an admin to post here, no. I didn't expect the thread to be piled over by other threads.

Maxi
5th September 2013, 08:27 PM
I think once you're Rp'ly killed, You can accept death. The reason is because you can't rob a person that is rply dead (against the rules), So why would you be forbidden from /accept death ?.

Hallar Maraz
6th September 2013, 04:26 AM
I dunno once i accept death after the LSPD killed me and i was prisoned for acceping death to avoid, Although all of them ran away after they killed me so there was no point of staying still, but i dont know, ask the admins for a better response.

Bob
6th September 2013, 10:17 AM
I personally believe you're allowed to /kill after being shot RPly, but then again, that prevents further roleplay on the killers behalf. People shouldn't /kill when they're killed RPly, they should allow the killer to PR further if they want to. I suggest you ask Kyle, he'll have the best answer.

Sarcon
6th September 2013, 05:14 PM
In Lloyd vs. Peter Burke, it was ruled that the body cannot stay there to be robbed. However, it can stay there for other purposes (I've seen admins spectate situations where the body was revived and then arrested).

The reason that you cannot be robbed is because the last person who survives a bloodbath can walk away with more than a million dollars.

Tia.
11th September 2013, 06:11 PM
Ok, i'll try to give an explanation as good as i can.

With the new system, the cmd /kill, that we knew, shouldn't even be called like that cause you don't actually /kill yourself, you just punch your nuts (or w/e the RP says) and you fall down like a potato, staying there till all the blood dripps out of you and you finally die.

So let's say someone is robbing you.
He has 2 choices:
- either knocks you out RPly - you will /crack or w/e and RPly be alive, still - with the chance of getting back up (according to the RP you guys did) and even escape or fight the robber back (without PGing ofc).
- or he kills you RPly - in that moment you guys have already agreed that you should /kill (or he shoots you till you fall like a potato)

In the 2nd option:
The robber should know he has chosen to kill you and to have limited time to start searching your body and rob you.
RPly, after being dead, your body will remain there till someone picks it up and sends it to the cemetery (or w/e..dumps it into the sea).

Therefore, you shouldn't definately kill if the robber still plans to RP with your body.
You either choose /service ems or you don't chose anything, waiting for the blood to dripp out and have a slow death.

If you choose /service ems, the robber (if he continues to RP with your body) might be cought by the paramedics, if they come. So he needs to hurry (well if it goes wrong for him, it's his fault he chose to kill you and not knock you out)
If you choose to wait then you may continue to RP with him as if you'd be dead.

You may /accept death only when you and the robber (or who ever is near you) agreed (either OOCly or trough /do) that the RP has ended and he is in no further need of your body.

Watson
11th September 2013, 06:16 PM
Awaiting player's response for 24 hours.

Watson
12th September 2013, 05:37 PM
Inactive.
VM me if you want this back.