PDA

View Full Version : Lag problem.

Khalifaa
29th September 2013, 08:49 AM
Well, whole this month i've been lagging like SHIT, i'm just so tired of this shit, My question is, isn't this going to change or something? And it's not only me, When i play in other servers my ping is MAX 100, but when i get on SARP it goes up to 300... :/

Mitko
29th September 2013, 08:56 AM
its becouse the server have many objects(?) loaded as one my friend said it or its just becouse some nub is ddosing as every day in sarp

filthyfatfunk
29th September 2013, 09:14 AM
The server is a frequent target to DDoS attacks but not only that, the server host is not really top quality. Most of the major server hosting services do not have SAMP as an option, and the community doesn't want to spend too much on a good host. Another factor can be the fact that the server is hosted in the US.

Cartorious.
29th September 2013, 01:32 PM
Well, you just need to be patient. Sometimes the server is lagging for everyone and not for you only. Sometimes it's hacking, DD'os, and most of the times is because the host like the guy before said. If you lagging when everyone is playing without lags, then you should try to turn off some programs like "skype", "torrent", "Fraps"(maybe), and close your internet. If it won't work, then you have to check your internet IRL.

Edit: If you using a lot of mods, then you should try to reinstall the game also while you're the only guy who's lagging in-game.

Pending player.

Bosnageros
29th September 2013, 02:53 PM
They just need move the host to Netherlands or something and get a Streamfix also a CLEO one and you'll be fine.

Khalifaa
29th September 2013, 03:36 PM
Its not only me, many others are lagging also, half of SSF, Senate people Hallar, and many others.

Roy.Jenkins
30th September 2013, 01:52 AM
Its not only me, many others are lagging also, half of SSF, Senate people Hallar, and many others.

Here's the answer to that question.

The server is a frequent target to DDoS attacks but not only that, the server host is not really top quality.

byt3
30th September 2013, 03:49 AM
The server is a frequent target to DDoS attacks but not only that, the server host is not really top quality. Most of the major server hosting services do not have SAMP as an option, and the community doesn't want to spend too much on a good host. Another factor can be the fact that the server is hosted in the US.

FDC is one of the best hosts out there, the dedicated server we pay for is $480 per month. The lag is possibly a problem on our end and not FDC's.

We don't use gameserver hosts for two major reason:
1. We tend to get DDoS attacks a lot, some of them exceeding 10Gbit/s.
2. We have a lot of players on an older script, we try to keep CPU usage down but it's quite high anyways.

Most SA-MP hosts wouldn't exactly love us causing downtime and lag for them and their customers, which is why we have our own dedicated server.

We're working on figuring out why the latency is so high for everyone, hopefully we'll be able to find the problem.

filthyfatfunk
30th September 2013, 12:06 PM
FDC is one of the best hosts out there, the dedicated server we pay for is $480 per month. The lag is possibly a problem on our end and not FDC's.

We don't use gameserver hosts for two major reason:
1. We tend to get DDoS attacks a lot, some of them exceeding 10Gbit/s.
2. We have a lot of players on an older script, we try to keep CPU usage down but it's quite high anyways.

Most SA-MP hosts wouldn't exactly love us causing downtime and lag for them and their customers, which is why we have our own dedicated server.

We're working on figuring out why the latency is so high for everyone, hopefully we'll be able to find the problem.

Thank you for the information. To stop your DDos attacks, as a server owner myself, I would personally recommend fragnet, their servers are extremely stable and offer a wide range of host locations. Not only do they offer gameservers but also of course dedicated.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly there, but why would the client-sided "script" affect the server's latency? As for the CPU, I see that FDC's 479$ package offers a Dell Dual Intel Xeon 5520, which runs on a 2.66 GHz. Fragnet offers a Xeon Quad E3-1270v2 running 3.50 GHz (3.90 in Turbo).

Simply a recommendation if you would like to decrease the lag of the server.

byt3
30th September 2013, 12:50 PM
Thank you for the information. To stop your DDos attacks, as a server owner myself, I would personally recommend fragnet, their servers are extremely stable and offer a wide range of host locations. Not only do they offer gameservers but also of course dedicated.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly there, but why would the client-sided "script" affect the server's latency? As for the CPU, I see that FDC's 479$ package offers a Dell Dual Intel Xeon 5520, which runs on a 2.66 GHz. Fragnet offers a Xeon Quad E3-1270v2 running 3.50 GHz (3.90 in Turbo).

Simply a recommendation if you would like to decrease the lag of the server.

There is no client sided script, I was referring to the server sided script sir.

Most hosts tend to null route the network under a DDoS attack, which is the main reason we left LSN. FDC offers 10Gbit/s network ports, which is why we moved to them.

The amount of cores in the CPU doesn't matter for SA-MP, as Pawn is not multithreaded and the SA-MP server only runs on 2 main threads (one for Pawn the other for Raknet), so the speed of the CPU does matter in this case but of course once again we need a host with a high null route threshold.

And I'll repeat myself, the problem could be on our end and not FDC's, we haven't looked too deep into it yet.

filthyfatfunk
30th September 2013, 01:35 PM
There is no client sided script, I was referring to the server sided script sir.

Most hosts tend to null route the network under a DDoS attack, which is the main reason we left LSN. FDC offers 10Gbit/s network ports, which is why we moved to them.

The amount of cores in the CPU doesn't matter for SA-MP, as Pawn is not multithreaded and the SA-MP server only runs on 2 main threads (one for Pawn the other for Raknet), so the speed of the CPU does matter in this case but of course once again we need a host with a high null route threshold.

And I'll repeat myself, the problem could be on our end and not FDC's, we haven't looked too deep into it yet.

Okay, even though the cores doesn't matter, you should look into upgrading the GHz.

If it is on your end, try to benchmark parts of the script this will display what takes the most time to execute.

Ayan.
2nd October 2013, 12:29 AM
Inactive, CLOSED.
Contact any of the section moderators if you want this re-opened .