PDA

View Full Version : Guide for New Players.

myAppeal
23rd November 2013, 04:31 AM
San Andreas Role Play.

So are you a new player that really doesn't know anything or little about roleplay itself. Well if you are you have come to the right place!

The purpose of this thread is just for the rules and other useful information you may need.

Here are the most important stuff you need to know to play in a /ROLEPLAY/ server.

Metagaming (Known as MG) - this is using something you have found out Out Of Character (like someone's name by looking at the name on top of there person or just doing /number without knowing anything about the other persons's character).

Powergaming (Known as PG): this is when someone is forcing actions against your character or doing something which you are not able to achieve in real life. (like /me punches ...... in the face knocking him out, and you are not allowing the other person to do there actions, and the other version is like doing something you can't do in real life like ''/me grows wings and flys'').

In Character (Known as IC): It's being in your Character and roleplaying it. (your character, and talking in the normal chat)

Out of Character (Known as OOC) Not being in character. (you the player behind the screen talking in /b)

Kill on Sight(KOS) Name says it all. (Example Someone appears and you just fire at him)

Deathmatch (Known as DM) It's to kill people without any In Character (IC) roleplay reason or with no roleplay what so ever.

Revenge Kill (Known as RK) It's to kill someone after they have managed to kill your character before. Keep in mind when you die your character will forget about EVERYTHING that has happened 30 minutes earlier.

Roleplay (Known as RP) It's when you're acting out your character.

Quick Swapping (Known as QS) It's to switch between weapon's to avoid the reload animation (It's a bug in SAMP). You will get a admin prison if you are caught doing it.

C-Bug , Car surfing (CS/C-Bug) C-Bug is exploiting an animation to shoot faster. Car surfing is to stand on top of a car when it's moving, which is also known as Non-RP Behaviour.

Non-RP Behaviour (NON-RP Conduct.) Doing something which you wouldn't do in real life, like going to the gym and car ramming everyone.

Car Ramming (CR) Self explanatory but it's ramming your vehicle into another person's vehicle and or player, over and over again.

The Roleplay Guide.

You do not need to make your /me and /do extremely long. Your roleplay sentences are meant to make sense, and easy to read.

Here is an example of something that isn't appealing to the eye.

/me reaches his dominant hand torwards the door handle grasping onto it applying some pressure, twisting it opening it up
/do -...kicking his feet in a walking motion entering inside the building.

See that? Isn't really appealing to the eye, and it is to long to read.

Now here is a better example of roleplay.

/me reaches his hand to the door handle, twisting it entering the building.

Now you might be asking ''How do I roleplay?''

To roleplay you use /me, /do or /my (/me and /do are mainly used).

A /me is to describe what your character is doing.

And a /do is to describe how he is doing it, or how your character looks like.

With a /my you could describe what your car looks like, or how you are doing something.

How do I get a job & earn money?

To get a job you will find out /jobhelp has everything you need to know about getting a job.

When you get to the place where the job is located, you will have to find the ''i'' and go to it.

When you get to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job.

What kind of Jobs are there?

Arms Dealer;
The arms dealer job is the most profitable job, you sell your gun materials or make guns and sell them to other players.
To get the mats for the guns all you need to do is go to the back of either the big ammunation or the one near Idlewood and type in /getmats. When you get the materials follow the red marker.
This job Is illegal.

Bodyguard;
The bodyguard job is used for guarding people and selling mats. It's kind of profitable. If you want to get the job, go to the gym and go to the "i". When you go to the "i" you will have to type in /join and then /accept job. If you want to sell vests, find a buyer IC'ly and /sellvest [ID] [Price] (lowest price is 2K.)
This job is legal.

Drug Dealer;
This job is used to sell pot, crack has been removed.
To get this job you have to go to the Drug House which is right infront of the gym, and go to the ''i'' icon, and type in ''/join'' and ''/accept job''. For more information on this job type in game ''/jobhelp'' and go to ''Drug Dealer''.
This job is illegal.

Drug Smuggler;
Since the crack lab has been removed, go to the factory in Blueberry and get pot seeds and then go to the Drug House, in front of the gym. /jobhelp for more information, or call a helper via ''/helpme''.
This job is illegal.

Mechanic;
Being a mechanic isn't really that profitable, but the job is located over at the Ocean Docks, people usually use it to repair there own vehicle.
When you go to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job.
This job is legal.

Product Dealer;
The product dealer is a job used to sell products to the owners of businesses and it can be really profitable. When someone makes an advertisement, you should call or SMS them then sell them the products. You can get this job at Market right next to the Donut Shop. You will find a ''i'' at the Donut Shop parking lot, which is where you will buy the products.
This job is legal.

Lawyer Job;
You get the lawyer job near the bank, walk up to the "i". When you go to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job. The lawyer job allows you to free prisoners in the Police Department Jail, and remove players wanted stars.
This job is legal.

How do I join Ballas or Grove?

Well to join Ballas or grove it really isn't that hard, all you need to do is go to where they hang around and roleplay with the leader's and ask if you could join them. Ballas are located at Glen Park, and Grove's are at Grove Street.

Thank you for reading this and also I'd like to thanks Joseph Kennedy, I got the idea from him and decided to change his one around and make it more neater, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/uUYNO8z.png
Appeal this decision by Calv

(http://http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/member.php?27024-Calv)

Joseph Kennedy
23rd November 2013, 05:14 AM
San Andreas Role Play.

So are you a new player that really doesn't know anything or little about roleplay itself. Well if you are you have come to the right place!

The purpose of this thread is just for the rules and other useful information you may need.

Here are the most important stuff you need to know to play in a /ROLEPLAY/ server.

Metagaming (Known as MG) - this is using something you have found out Out Of Character (like someone's name by looking at the name on top of there person or just doing /number without knowing anything about the other persons's character).

Powergaming (Known as PG): this is when someone is forcing actions against your character or doing something which you are not able to achieve in real life. (like /me punches ...... in the face knocking him out, and you are not allowing the other person to do there actions, and the other version is like doing something you can't do in real life like ''/me grows wings and flys'').

In Character (Known as IC): It's being in your Character and roleplaying it. (your character, and talking in the normal chat)

Out of Character (Known as OOC) Not being in character. (you the player behind the screen talking in /b)

Kill on Sight(KOS) Name says it all. (Example Someone appears and you just fire at him)

Deathmatch (Known as DM) It's to kill people without any In Character (IC) roleplay reason or with no roleplay what so ever.

Revenge Kill (Known as RK) It's to kill someone after they have managed to kill your character before. Keep in mind when you die your character will forget about EVERYTHING that has happened 30 minutes earlier.

Roleplay (Known as RP) It's when you're acting out your character.

Quick Swapping (Known as QS) It's to switch between weapon's to avoid the reload animation (It's a bug in SAMP). You will get a admin prison if you are caught doing it.

C-Bug , Car surfing (CS/C-Bug) C-Bug is exploiting an animation to shoot faster. Car surfing is to stand on top of a car when it's moving, which is also known as Non-RP Behaviour.

Non-RP Behaviour (NON-RP Conduct.) Doing something which you wouldn't do in real life, like going to the gym and car ramming everyone.

Car Ramming (CR) Self explanatory but it's ramming your vehicle into another person's vehicle and or player, over and over again.

The Roleplay Guide.

You do not need to make your /me and /do extremely long. Your roleplay sentences are meant to make sense, and easy to read.

Here is an example of something that isn't appealing to the eye.

/me reaches his dominant hand torwards the door handle grasping onto it applying some pressure, twisting it opening it up
/do -...kicking his feet in a walking motion entering inside the building.

See that? Isn't really appealing to the eye, and it is to long to read.

Now here is a better example of roleplay.

/me reaches his hand to the door handle, twisting it entering the building.

Now you might be asking ''How do I roleplay?''

To roleplay you use /me, /do or /my (/me and /do are mainly used).

A /me is to describe what your character is doing.

And a /do is to describe how he is doing it, or how your character looks like.

With a /my you could describe what your car looks like, or how you are doing something.

How do I get a job & earn money?

To get a job you will find out /jobhelp has everything you need to know about getting a job.

When you get to the place where the job is located, you will have to find the ''i'' and go to it.

When you get to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job.

What kind of Jobs are there?

Arms Dealer;
The arms dealer job is the most profitable job, you sell your gun materials or make guns and sell them to other players.
To get the mats for the guns all you need to do is go to the back of either the big ammunation or the one near Idlewood and type in /getmats. When you get the materials follow the red marker.
This job Is illegal.

Bodyguard;
The bodyguard job is used for guarding people and selling mats. It's kind of profitable. If you want to get the job, go to the gym and go to the "i". When you go to the "i" you will have to type in /join and then /accept job. If you want to sell vests, find a buyer IC'ly and /sellvest [ID] [Price] (lowest price is 2K.)
This job is legal.

Drug Dealer;
This job is used to sell pot, crack has been removed.
To get this job you have to go to the Drug House which is right infront of the gym, and go to the ''i'' icon, and type in ''/join'' and ''/accept job''. For more information on this job type in game ''/jobhelp'' and go to ''Drug Dealer''.
This job is illegal.

Drug Smuggler;
Since the crack lab has been removed, go to the factory in Blueberry and get pot seeds and then go to the Drug House, in front of the gym. /jobhelp for more information, or call a helper via ''/helpme''.
This job is illegal.

Mechanic;
Being a mechanic isn't really that profitable, but the job is located over at the Ocean Docks, people usually use it to repair there own vehicle.
When you go to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job.
This job is legal.

Product Dealer;
The product dealer is a job used to sell products to the owners of businesses and it can be really profitable. When someone makes an advertisement, you should call or SMS them then sell them the products. You can get this job at Market right next to the Donut Shop. You will find a ''i'' at the Donut Shop parking lot, which is where you will buy the products.
This job is legal.

Lawyer Job;
You get the lawyer job near the bank, walk up to the "i". When you go to the "i" you type /join and then /accept job. The lawyer job allows you to free prisoners in the Police Department Jail, and remove players wanted stars.
This job is legal.

How do I join Ballas or Grove?

Well to join Ballas or grove it really isn't that hard, all you need to do is go to where they hang around and roleplay with the leader's and ask if you could join them. Ballas are located at Glen Park, and Grove's are at Grove Street.

Thank you for reading this and also I'd like to thanks Joseph Kennedy, I got the idea from him and decided to change his one around and make it more neater, etc.

Pretty good guide, I see you put my name down there. Anytime.

myAppeal
1st December 2013, 09:49 PM
I got no clue why the hell I made this, this server isn't worth playing on..

Zoey_Mori
1st December 2013, 10:10 PM
Its worth...Depend on you. Anyway good try