Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Development Team
    In-Game Name(s)
    Skylar Parker (Minnie)
    Post Thanks / Like

[Tutorial] How to change the SAMP chatbox font

Well, do you feel bored after looking at the same font over and over again in SAMP? Then there is a solution to that. Why don't you decorate the chat-box with some fonts! In this tutorial I will be teaching you how to change the font from this

to this

Difficulty level: [Super Easy]
    Additional Software Requirement: Notepad

Okay first of all you have to make up your mind about which font you want for your SAMP chat-box. You can do this by simply opening your Notepad and scrolling through the fonts.

Spoiler!

For the sake of this tutorial I chose "Times New Roman".

Now go to your GTA San Andreas User Files >> SAMP. You will see "sa-mp.cfg" file present over here.

Spoiler!

Open "sa-mp.cfg" via notepad and then just add this line to it. (fontface="Times New Roman"). NOTE: I chose Times New Roman, you may choose which ever font you may like.

It should now look something like this.

Spoiler!

After doing everything as mentioned in this tutorial, save the changes and then run SAMP as usual.
    Voila!

Last edited by $kylar; 21st December 2015 at 05:21 AM.

2. Thanks Jizzy Black, Miquel_Lacoste thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice guide.

1 Year Veteran 500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one.

You can also install it from a mod as I did, and had a perfect one, not only for the chatbox tho.