First and foremost, this is a serious guide as it annoys me and surely other players of this community.

SARP players are having difficulties knowing the difference between the pair and it's time someone put up a tutorial/a guide to teach them the differences because their teacher(s) failed educated them.

A(a)

Here is a simple sentence on how to use the abbreviated they are.

Example;
A footballer spends a lot of time training to get more active and fit for the game.
So basically, if the word starts with a consonant then the word should start with 'a'.

Example of what not to do;
An Van is usually a vehicle people get kidnapped in.
That sentence is incorrect because an usually is used when the next letter is a vowel. You should try it yourself.

An

Here is a simple sentence on how to use the abbreviated they are.

Example;
An Elephant is really big!
That sentence would be correct because as said previously, the word an works with the next letter starting with a vowel (a e i o u )

Example of what not to do;
An footballer spends a lot of time training to get more active and fit for the game.
Wrong because the word doesn't start with a vowel.

"A" comes before a consonant/consonant sound:

A bird
A kite
A helicopter
A horse

"An" comes before a vowel/vowel sound:

An ant
An ostrich
An elevator
Depending on where you are from, you can say "an historical event" if you only pronounce the "i" (you pronounce the vowel sound) and not the "h." That's how we say it in California, but we would write it as "a historical event."