Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like

[Guide] How to remove re-appearing modifications after re-installation [OFFICIAL]

Recently I've noticed there's a large amount of people asking within the Technical Assistance section and also myself, why their modifications still remain in their game even after they've reinstalled it multiple times, I'll guide you below on how to correctly remove all of your modifications before re-installing San Andreas.

Firstly, before you install ANY modification, it's best practice to always create a backup of your whole Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas directory, this can be done simply by clicking your 'GTA San Andreas' folder once and hold both CTRL + C or simply right-clicking your 'GTA San Andreas' folder and select the option 'Copy', you can then head to your 'Program Files' directory and create a 'San Andreas Backup' (it can be named whatever you like) and either hold both CTRL + V or right-click and select the option 'Paste'. If the option is not highlighted or a copy does not begin generating, you may have to follow the first step once again.

Once you have your back-up in place, you're free to modify your original San Andreas to your own taste without the fear of having to completely re-install your game if you simply only need backup files. I personally back-up my Grand Theft Auto San Andreas files every time I install a modification to avoid a complete corruption; sometimes things don't always go as planned and you can unfortunately end up with a completely corrupted file directory that has to result in a complete removal of the game.

Before you re-install your game, you must do the following to avoid re-appearing modifications within our game. Below are the steps and also a few tips.
    Code:
    Before you do this, it's suggested you back up any SA-MP screenshots you have as the following steps will lead to their deletion. > Head to 'My Documents' and send your 'GTA San Andreas User Files' folder to the recycle bin, also known as, 'delete'. > Press your Windows Key (), and enter the following: %APPDATA%, exactly. > Then select 'Appdata' in the top address bar and double click the folder 'Local', scroll down to a folder named 'Virtual Store', double click that as well as doing the same with 'Program Files (x86)'. (If you do not have (x86) then double click 'Program Files' instead). > Right-click the 'Rockstar Games' folder and send it to the recycle bin, otherwise known as 'delete'. >Head to your San Andreas default directory (the default is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games) and delete any left over files inside, as well as the 'Rockstar Games' folder itself. (If you cannot delete the sampaux3 and gtawep3 font files, just simply drag them to your desktop and delete them after you've uninstalled GTA.) > Empty your recycle bin and restart your computer before you reinstall your San Andreas.
    After you've performed the above steps, you can now uninstall your San Andreas and reinstall it without the fear of having left over modifications 're-appear' in your game; alternatively, if you've used a modification which came with an auto-installer package, it will usually have an uninstall file within your San Andreas directory if you wish to get rid of it without complex removal, it's always worth looking into. Hopefully if this question ever arises again, which is, "I reinstalled my GTA and my modifications are still here, how do I get rid of them?" individuals can be directed to this guide to get rid of this occurring.

Thanks for reading! You can send me a Private Message or leave me a VM if you have anymore questions.

Credits:
    Jerrelle McKenzie
    Last edited by J; 28th November 2016 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Updated. V2.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

2. Likes Callum, Chris Sanchez, Moonbear liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've updated this slightly, extremely useful if you're someone who installs a lot of modifications (particularly vehicle and weapon modifications) and decides to reinstall their game.

In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice guide, might help those who aren't familiar.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updated again! With a slightly quicker method also.