Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like

How to Install a Snow Modification [SnowFX] [OFFICIAL]

Made a quick video demonstration.

It's that time of the year again! But a snow modification isn't just for November to January, it can be forever! I've noticed we lack official tutorials for installing the snow modifications so I've taken the liberty of finally creating a basic one so everyone can enjoy having the snow modification without having a massive amount of technical knowledge. We'll start with the download links.

SnowFX modification download link (automatic installer)
    http://www.gtainside.com/sanandreas/...-snowfx-v1-01/

CLEO download link (automatic installer)
    http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-sa...44-cleo-3.html

WinRAR download link
    http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

I've done my best to find automatic install packages so you guys can pretty much click a button and sit back and relax without having fear your game will corrupt or the modification won't be installed properly, but PLEASE make sure to BACKUP your WHOLE GTA SA directory before installing this modification; there's always a possibility something can go wrong.

We'll start with the CLEO installation, a lot of people think 'CLEO' itself is some sort of 'hack' that script kiddies use on SAMP servers to spawn vehicles and what not, it sort of is and it sort of isn't. As long as you know have any malicious .cs files installed, it's completely harmless and you will not be banned for using it. Many modifications such as the 'First Person' modification require CLEO and as we know modifications such as FPV aren't malicious at all.

To install CLEO, click the download link above, hit 'Download' within the big green button and wait the required thirty seconds if you're not registered. Once it's finished, you'll need to open the .zip file and unpack it, you can find a tutorial on how to do that here. Once you have unpacked the .zip file, double click the .exe inside, it should be named '23265-cleo-3-gtasa.exe'. You can follow the steps below on how to install it.

Note: Make sure to click 'Custom Installation' and UNTICK the promotional files, failing to do so will install promotional content which is most likely adware/spyware and I will NOT be held responsible for that. After you have installed it succesfully, you'll get a message saying so within the application, you can close the application now. Congratulations, you've just installed CLEO. Moving onto SnowFX.

Now, the SnowFX modification has been around since 2008, that's a lot of years, so there's bound to be some incompatibility with some modifications, however, I've personally never had an issue with it. It does replace some if not all vegetation mods, but the beauty with SnowFX is it doesn't replace vehicle modifications unlike a lot of other snow modifications and that's what makes it beautiful. You can find the download link above, hit 'download' when you reach the page, wait the required amount of time and then select 'Start Download' if it does not do it automatically.

This time, SnowFX will come in a .rar file, therefore you'll have to download and install WinRAR via the link supplied above if you don't already have it. Once downloaded, open the .rar file and once again unpack it as normal. Inside you should have several files, only focus on the README and SnowFX-Setup for now, first, have a read through the 'ReadMe.txt' and it'll give you some information on how to actually install SnowFX and what it's all about, once you're ready, close the .txt file and Right Click > SnowFX-Setup-v101.exe > Run as An Administrator and authorise any prompt that follows afterwards. You should be greeted with a splash screen, it can take anywhere from ten seconds to a few minutes to boot up. You can view below on how to install it.

Also, SnowFX is quite sensitive to memory usage and other applications and can throw a 'not enough memory available' error quite frequently, so it's best to close SAMP, GTASA and any other programs/applications/games which take up a sizeable amount of memory usage.

It's literally as quick as that, remember, if you select 'Run GTA:San Andreas' it'll open the Singleplayer version and not the Multiplayer version. Congratulations, you have now installed the SnowFX modification for GTA. You can find any extra information below.

To enable the modification use. CTRL + NUMPAD+ which will cycle through levels, the more you press it is the more intense the snow will become. Please be advised using high levels will possibly make you lag.

Note:
    - SnowFX is known to replace vegetation modifications so be careful with installing it as it may overwrite some modifications.
    - The SnowFX snowbox only follows you for a certain radius, it doesn't actually snow everywhere so remember this if you're video editing.
    - This modification replaces some textures, such as Grove Street textures and Pay and Spray textures, be warned these may be overwritten.
    - This modification should work for all computers, regardless of specifications as it was created during 2008. The higher levels of snow however, may cause serious lag and that's why I only recommend level one - two for those with low spec PCs.

an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

2. Likes Justin Knight, Alexa, mihael., Dinero, Nazario and 6 others liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like

This guide has been checked for accuracy and is hereby verified and NOT outdated, the thread is now open for replies. All downloads links have been verified also.
    Last edited by J; 5th December 2016 at 04:33 PM.

3 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Blackshades's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Jay_Cortez
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty cool. Does it decrease FPS at all?
    SA-RP warning list. The players on this list should be considered DANGEROUS two-faced snakes. Rumors tell that some of the people on this list could be known as pedophiles in the community:

• Anders Rossi
    • Casper Holstein
    • Larry Fox
    • Sil Wheatley
    • Jay Conway
    • Joseph Kennedy
    • Bella Clava
    • Bella Clava's son
    • Safo Glover
    • Dan West Rellex

top shit

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Mazzarelli View Post
    I will order you right now to stop talking bullshit right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnsto_Kamal View Post
    I'm just a fan of the football team of Barcelona Why are you so fucking mad? enough buttheart you English fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Woods View Post
    You are lying to an administrator right now

5. Likes J liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshades View Post
    Pretty cool. Does it decrease FPS at all?
    When I was recording it was still a stable FPS surprisingly, on the higher levels like 3-4 it probably will drops FPS a bit sadly, hopefully not too much though!

7. Thanks Blackshades thanked for this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Guide,hombre.

9. Thanks J thanked for this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a few people come to me and say they only get snow that falls and doesn't actually cover the roads etc, remember to install CLEO 3 before you install this modification, if you installed it without CLEO 3 then remove it and start all over again and remember to install CLEO 3 first, I'll try and look into what's causing this.

11. Likes Vidojkovic liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wishes to have the roads covered with snow, they can check the video below and it's description. If there is no solution for the modification Jerrelle made a guide, you can freely use the mod from below. You're supposed to add the snow covered roads manually(either get modloader.asi or try an .img file opener, click me for the modloader guide/thread.)

13. Likes J liked this post
    7 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    Gary_Bence
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we use CLEO 4 instead of CLEO 3?

4 Year Veteran 500 Posts Northy's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Main: T.North Alt: Jose Luis
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would we good if it doesn't decrease my FPS.

16. Likes J liked this post
    Seville Blvd Families
    In-Game Name(s)
    Martin Mercado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice guide.

installing
    Ryan Clava

18. Thanks J thanked for this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarav_Goel™ View Post
    Would we good if it doesn't decrease my FPS.
    It shouldn't do, I'd suggest sticking with level one and two and you should be fine hopefully, what are your PC specifications? I'll help reducing the lag if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ay. View Post
    Can we use CLEO 4 instead of CLEO 3?
    You could give it a try, but since the modification was designed for CLEO 3 I'd honour the requirement just to be on the safe side. Not too sure if there's backwards compatibility with CLEO 4, I'll check that out and get back to you, it's worth a try! Remember to back up your game beforehand though and you've got nothing to lose. :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
    Last edited by J; 7th December 2016 at 03:36 AM.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember to private message me if you need any assistance, still looking into the missing texture issue.

I'd recommend only installing this on a FRESH GTA if possible or one that does not have any texture/vegetation modifications.

Old-School Veteran
    7 Year Veteran
    Jenkins Crew
    In-Game Name(s)
    Travis Jenkins
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarvis. View Post
    how hard is it to install mods?
    nothin special download snow mod, extract in one folder, open Alci's image editor, replace the files and save - done

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    how hard is it to install mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Jenkins View Post
    nothin special download snow mod, extract in one folder, open Alci's image editor, replace the files and save - done
    This modification doesn't work like that, the downloads are literally automatic installers, but you've got to understand some people are new to modifications and have little to no knowledge regarding it thus why I've created this guide.

Confirming that CLEO 4 does work with this modification.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?
    In a nutshell, meaning you just select your SA directory and the modifications are automatically installed for you, no need for modloader, IMG editor or any other manual installation.

Foot Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Alvaro Armarti's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    auto installers leave extra files all over your computer, so when go to re-install your game again, dont be alarmed if some modded things stay within.

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvaro Armarti View Post
    auto installers leave extra files all over your computer, so when go to re-install your game again, dont be alarmed if some modded things stay within.
    Already got that covered.

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showt...e-installation

Note: Make sure to click 'Custom Installation' and UNTICK the promotional files[/COLOR], failing to do so will install promotional content which is most likely adware/spyware