Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Old-School Veteran
    9 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Nash_Bridges Frank_Slade
    Post Thanks / Like

Making your own Police/Fire/Military/Aviation radio feed for SARP /carradio[OFFICIAL]

So basically i have recived some questions about how one makes a live policeradio feed that works in SARP. I will now show you how.

First off you go to a website called Broadcastify.com it will look like this.

You proceed by clicking on the Listen tab and then this will show up.

On the map you can choose wich state you want and then city. We are going to use the NYPD for this example but anyone works. After clicking on New York this page shows up.

Now we choose our city and since we want to listen to the police in new york city we click on that and comes to this page, with lists all the avilable feeds and scroll down to the NYPD ones

We want to listen to the NYPD Manhattan - 1st, 5th and 7th Pcts. So first off we verify that the feed is online by checking the status to the far right and then in the droplist we choose Winamp as our player selection (This is important or otherwise the link wont work) and then we press the play button on the far left.
    A new window will open with a link in the addressbar. Looking something like this.

We copy that link play it like any other MP3 file on SARP using the /ipod or /carradio.

I have collected a few links here as examples for you to listen to or use IG if you want. I chose these 2 particular ones because they are busy with a lot of traffic on them :
    http://www.broadcastify.com/scripts/playlists/1/12345/-5952629208.m3u NYPD the link we just made here in this guide
    http://www.broadcastify.com/scripts/...5952629208.m3u
    New York Fire department citywide dispatch

Last edited by ProfessorNash; 26th February 2017 at 09:04 PM.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

"SARP isn't an enchilada, it's a bad case of the shits."- Justin Phelps 2016

Rap is like scissors. It always loses to Rock!

“ Give me Swedes, snuff and whiskey, and I'll build a railroad through hell. ”~ James J. Hill

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" ~ Thomas Edison

"You can watch things happen make things happen or wonder, What the fuck happened? "~ Nash Bridges

In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant guide, this will definitely enhance roleplay for a large majority of the server who roleplay law enforcement officers. I've added the logo for you, thanks once again.

This guide has been checked for accuracy and is hereby verified and NOT outdated, the thread is now open for replies.

In-Game Name(s)
    Jacob Kings
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant guide! My dad is always using this at home just for his own use, I find it quite interesting, especially when there is a big emergency like a burning building or something.
    When a player is RP'ly injured on SARP...

1 Year Veteran 500 Posts
    In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like
    tried it and now I feel more like a real cop, thanks bud

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Idea! So I can hear the news while I'm in IG :D

Nice work there Nash