Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Nestor Lozano
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Getting IP Logged 101

This is a simple guide for those of you who are extremely paranoid of getting IP logged.

Step One: Do not click on any shortened links from any one you do not know. This includes shorteners such as goo.gl or adf.ly.

Step Two: Always check what you are clicking on websites. Someone can easily replace the text of a link anywhere including the forums and TeamSpeak. For example:
    This link: https://www.google.com may appear to be a link to google.com, however upon clicking it, you can clearly see that it goes to youtube.com.
    Checking links you click can be done by right clicking the link and pressing copy link address and pasting in an alternate place, revealing the true location of the link. the step is shown below.

Step Three: If you are a person that is lazy, you may opt to completely block URLS that are known for having IP loggers.
    This can be done by opening the hosts file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc with your favorite text editor and you should see something like this:

Once you have opened this, go to the very bottom of the file and paste in the following lines:
    Spoiler!

and then save it.
    If you are sent one of these links but still want to see their true contents, I suggest using a redirect tracer such as Wheregoes which can reveal what the true link is.

Step Four: (for the extremely paranoid.) When in-game, turn your music volume down completely as if your music volume is completely off, then when a custom URL is set in say /carradio, it doesn't go through to you. Grabify links work on the SARP script so I suggest you do this if you are really paranoid. As any audio URLS in game are basically HTTP requests, the IP grabber will not differentiate between the request for audio or to the IP grabber, therefore everyone who is near the music box/in the car will have their swiped at once, however, this method of IP grabbing will not work so well when with a lot of people as everyone will have their IP grabbed so keeping your music volume on in a party IG (not that any happen without a DM squad turning up.) will not damage you in anyway.
    Last edited by Chanel; 2nd April 2017 at 12:16 PM.

Banned 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm or just restart your router when someone gets your ip

3. Laughed at Rio Castle., Leo, J laughed at this post
    Likes Rellex liked this post
    Dislikes Agent Cole Phelps disliked this post
    Hated Agent Cole Phelps hated this post
    1 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Nestor Lozano
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude West View Post
    Most people do not have dynamic IP addresses, otherwise we'd have way more ban evaders on SARP.

In-Game Name(s)
    Kevin Burke
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanel View Post
    Most people do not have dynamic IP addresses, otherwise we'd have way more ban evaders on SARP.
    i have it =D

although thanks, you've put in atleast 30 minutes of writing and you've shown some effort, means you're dedicated

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    tdlr

dont click any links you find from untrusted sources

1 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Nestor Lozano
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Virus View Post
    tdlr

dont click any links you find from untrusted sources
    not really since it is the same thing as with audio URLS,
    you can put an iplogger into a photo as well, so really, it's not just not clicking links, its much more.

In-Game Name(s)
    Jack_Sindacco
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not Getting IP Logged 101 : Use a tunnel service or a VPN

Spoiler!

Currently: SAPD R1 - Officer, Q1 2017
    Spoiler!

9. Dislikes Agent Cole Phelps disliked this post
    Hated Agent Cole Phelps hated this post

In-Game Name(s)
    🐧
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude West View Post

Unlike you, I live in America where unplugging my router doesn't just get me a new ip address (little to your knowledge, that's not even how it works). Your ISP (Internet Service Provider), provides you (your modem) with a DNS (Dynamic Name Server), the DNS provides you with your IP address. More specifically, your Modems MAC Address is given to the DNS, and your DNS remembers who that is, so it gives it the same IP address, over and over again.

There is no renew or release shit anymore

Very nice guide, I wouldn't suggest editing the hosts file though (I also can tell that someone is using a stolen version of Adobe, naughty naughty.).

Also if you just hover your mouse over the url, it will inform you on the bottom left of the screen where it is directing you to.
    haha, bark, bark?

11. Likes Chanel, J liked this post
    Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Anders's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Anders_Rossi
    Post Thanks / Like
    It works on forums too.. Many peoples gotten their IP logged that way.. Am I right, Phelps? Giving someone your IP is pointless unless you don't have a secure router/firewall preventing pinging etc and portscans.

And no, you won't get "ddosed" as you may think, shit like that isnt possible with a good ISP

armando is sad

13. Laughed at Agent Cole Phelps laughed at this post
    Banned 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cole Phelps View Post

Unlike you, I live in America where unplugging my router doesn't just get me a new ip address (little to your knowledge, that's not even how it works). Your ISP (Internet Service Provider), provides you (your modem) with a DNS (Dynamic Name Server), the DNS provides you with your IP address. More specifically, your Modems MAC Address is given to the DNS, and your DNS remembers who that is, so it gives it the same IP address, over and over again.

Very nice guide, I wouldn't suggest editing the hosts file though (I also can tell that someone is using a stolen version of Adobe, naughty naughty.).

Also if you just hover your mouse over the url, it will inform you on the bottom left of the screen where it is directing you to.

15. Laughed at J, Agent Cole Phelps laughed at this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Albanian Killer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kind of people who are using pre made IP loggers are the same type of people that google "LOIC" to dos you, nothing will happen

17. Thanks Agent Cole Phelps thanked for this post
    Laughed at Agent Cole Phelps laughed at this post

In-Game Name(s)
    🐧
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    It works on forums too.. Many peoples gotten their IP logged that way.. Am I right, Phelps? Giving someone your IP is pointless unless you don't have a secure router/firewall preventing pinging etc and portscans.

And no, you won't get "ddosed" as you may think, shit like that isnt possible with a good ISP
    Oh really, so it's apparently your ISPs job to get you out of a DDOS. Why you brought up portscanning is beyound me as well. Pinging.... I'm not sure where to even begin at that, if I wasn't wrong I'd say you're just looking at your modem's configurement, and was just reading the default description for it.
    haha, bark, bark?

In-Game Name(s)
    Albanian Killer
    Post Thanks / Like
    too many people were ip logged on forums pfft

Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Emily Grey's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Emily Grey
    Post Thanks / Like

Dynamic / static IPs don't have anything to do with living in America, it's just determined by your ISP. There is plenty of ISPs in America with dynamic IP addresses.
    A DNS server does not determine your IP either, if it did switching to google DNS on my router would change my IP, your IP is determine by your ISP as well.

Another pro-tip, anybody that isn't a skiddyo can easily make a signature on the forum that can pull your IP using a PHP script on any free website or their own website so adding all those sites to your host file could just be a nice waste of time. Although this is very easily blocked by disabling the use of .php extensions in [img] files but yaknow I wouldn't expect that of SARP.
    big changes are here, more soon stay tuned

21. Thanks Anders thanked for this post
    Likes Knowles liked this post

In-Game Name(s)
    🐧
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Grey View Post
    Dynamic / static IPs don't have anything to do with living in America, it's just determined by your ISP. There is plenty of ISPs in America with dynamic IP addresses.
    A DNS server does not determine your IP either, if it did switching to google DNS on my router would change my IP, your IP is determine by your ISP as well.

Another pro-tip, anybody that isn't a skiddyo can easily make a signature on the forum that can pull your IP using a PHP script on any free website or their own website so adding all those sites to your host file could just be a nice waste of time. Although this is very easily blocked by disabling the use of .php extensions in [img] files but yaknow I wouldn't expect that of SARP.
    Majority of ISPs in America are like that though, Time Warner Cable (Spectrum), Direct TV, and AT&T Uverse do not have a renew upon having your modem lose its connection
    haha, bark, bark?

Soldier 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Emily Grey's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Emily Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Majority of ISPs in America are like that though, Time Warner Cable (Spectrum), Direct TV, and AT&T Uverse do not have a renew upon having your modem lose its connection
    Yea most of the major carriers do have static IPs. Prolly cuz NSA TRACKING CIA SOFTWARES BRO THEY"RE WATCHING US
    big changes are here, more soon stay tuned

In-Game Name(s)
    🐧
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Grey View Post
    Yea most of the major carriers do have static IPs. Prolly cuz NSA TRACKING CIA SOFTWARES BRO THEY"RE WATCHING US
    How else would google know what type of ice cream I want.
    haha, bark, bark?

In-Game Name(s)
    Albanian Killer
    Post Thanks / Like
    How else would google know what type of ice cream I want.
    Marjan tells the Google what you want

In-Game Name(s)
    Jack_Sindacco
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is what my hosts look like

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

Spoiler!

Currently: SAPD R1 - Officer, Q1 2017
    Spoiler!

1 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    Nestor Lozano