Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Restricted
    In-Game Name(s)
    Joji
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple SARP Guide || Preface and Roleplay [OFFICIAL]

Simple SARP Guide || Roleplay

This is something I was working on a couple months ago. Decided to work on it again using some new bbcodes I learned. I had originally three-four other parts, but I need to revise them so it works with my bbcode formatting.

Getting to know the commands had four other parts explaining all of the commands I knew, but I cut them out so it fits the learning role-play theme.

00 PREFACE

Preface

01| What is SARP?
    San Andreas Roleplay (SARP) is a role-play server on the multiplayer modification, San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP). The server has about over 100 community members spread across the world. The server (as of this whole year) has a peak of 60 people online, bu will be "dead" time-zones. Dead time-zones means there is only about 20 people online. This is expected to happen daily, but do not let that discourage from playing on SARP.

SARP is a newbie friendly server. This means anyone at any level of role-play is welcomed to join.

02| What do I absolutely need to know before playing?
    The rules are a huge thing you need to know before playing on SARP. These rules set a guideline on how to role-play on SARP at a bare-minimum level. If you're in-game you can bring up the rules via (/rules) in the chat. If you prefer to read the rules right now you can read them right below:

LINK TO SARP IN-GAME RULES

A0 | Roleplay

A0 Roleplay

A1 | What is role-play?
    Roleplay is a form of game-play genre where you pretend to be someone or something else. If you were a kid and played such games such as; cops and robbers, house, soldiers, and any else of the sort, that is a sort of "roleplay". The bare minimum concept of roleplay is just acting.

The concept of SARP is rather easy to understand. You're in the state of San Andreas and your main goal is just live in San Andreas, everything else is up to you. Of course, you have to follow the regulations and rules of SARP, meaning you can't role-play being ANYTHING you want; it has to be reasonable within the meta.

Two important role-play terminologies:
    In character: refers to your character and the role-play environment in-game. (environment includes other characters, vehicles, buildings, ect, a large majority of the chat)

Out of character: anything not in the role-play environment in-game. (examples include admins, on duty helpers, hackers, bugs, a minority of the in-game chats, Skype, forum sections where it's not IC, ect)

A2 | What are the levels of role-play?

If you're wondering what people mean by "what is the level of role-play on X server here's a simple explanation. It's how your standard of role-play and there's about three basic levels of role-play.
    Light - The very bare-minimum of role-play, usually people learning role-play are at this level.

Medium - This is above the bare minimum level of roleplay where you completely understand the concept, but skip out on character development and/or prefer to not get into complex scenes with detail.

Heavy - Personally, I don't know how to explain it, but this is about the highest level of role-play you can do. Requires to know how role-play better than properly.

Note: not all "excellent" role-players of the community are heavy role-players. Anyone on the server can be an "excellent" role-player and all it requires is dedication and being unique. Not all heavy-roleplayers are going to outshine a medium roleplayer.

What is the server's level of roleplay? It's extremely mixed, but the server's level of role-play is the most bare-minimum knowledge of roleplay.

B0 | Getting to know the commands

B0 Commands

B1 | Roleplay Commands
    The server has multiple commands to use to role-play with. The commands listed below with an explanation what they are, how to use them, and how they look when used.

/me - The essential command for all role-play actions. Usually used when you do an action to someone or something in the role-play evironment.
    ("/me opens the door" > * John Doe opens the door)

/ame - The same use of (/me) but it annotates above your character's head.

/do - This command can be used to find out if your action succeeded or failed. Another use of (/do) is to explain the environment around you.
    EX 1("PLYR1: /do Is my character able to shake your hand?" "PLYR2: /do Yes, he succeeds.
    Is my character able to shake your hand? (( John Doe )) || Yes, he is. (( Jane Doe )) )

EX 2("/do The house would smell of pineapple and would be very clean inside. >>
    The house would smell of pineapple and would be very clean inside. (( John Doe)) )

/my - This command rarely used, but when it is it's to describe something happening with your character.
    ("/my stomach would groan" >> John Doe's stomach would groan. )

Last edited by Mad Lord Malone; 28th June 2018 at 01:30 AM.

2. Likes Khenjie, Aaron., J, Gold liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice little start up guide here, nice one joji
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Joji. I will make this thread as an official guide.

Officialized.
    Last edited by Aaron.; 28th June 2018 at 03:08 AM.