Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

1 Year Veteran 500 Posts Jurica's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Tyler_Lavin
    Post Thanks / Like

Would this be considered MG/OOC deal?

We've had a discussion on the LSPD IRC about if the following would be MG/OOC dealing.

Let's say that I OOCly make a sort of a deal with Butts who is supposed to be getting r4 in the PD (become head of TnR) that if he gets r4 that he will make me his assistant which means that I get rank three. Now, ICly, I come to him and ask him if I could join TnR which I either join or do not, depending on if he will accept me. Then lets say I join, work very hard to earn the rank three, he in the meantime gets r4 and gives me r3, would that be considered OOC deal? We had some people say it would be, some say it wouldn't. I'm with wouldn't because it would be RPd like the OOC thing never even happened.

2. Hated Deck hated this post
    WTF'd Deck WTF'd this post
    Discord Manager
    Retired Executive Administrator
    In-Game Name(s)
    Watson
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you deal with someone oocly and roleplay the results ICly it would be OOC dealing

Quote Originally Posted by Roleplay Rules
    - OOC Dealings are never allowed no matter what.
    This is an RP Server not an OOC Server.
    Consequences for not obeying. Punished accordingly as "Metagaming".
    Basicly you tell him: ((Help me do this)) -> He helps you ICly would be MG
    He helps you: ((OK but you give me that)) -> He gives you that would be MG
    Result of his big MG is an OOC dealing which is punished as MG anyways.

From my understand of the story: If he helps you because of the OOC deal, then yes, it would be an OOC deal.
    If it's not related, he ignored your deal, but you would still get it eventually, then it's not.

I recommend you don't propose people OOC deals as it might influence the RP which would result in MG.

Awaiting player's response for 24 hours.
    Last edited by Watson; 8th July 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    If anyone needs me, I'm most likely on discord.

Spoiler!

"The truth is like poetry-- And most people fucking hate poetry," - Overheard in a Washington D.C. bar by Michael Lewis, author of The Big Short

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hNMZGSzB7EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 Year Veteran 500 Posts Jurica's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Tyler_Lavin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we're not dealing or anything, just had a discussion over /i if that would be MG. Thank you.

Discord Manager
    Retired Executive Administrator
    In-Game Name(s)
    Watson
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answered and archived.
    If anyone needs me, I'm most likely on discord.

Spoiler!

"The truth is like poetry-- And most people fucking hate poetry," - Overheard in a Washington D.C. bar by Michael Lewis, author of The Big Short

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hNMZGSzB7EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>