Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like

How to portray a gangster in a realistic manner.

1.Creating a character and join the gang.
    Before you create a character, you need to have a small background for him. You need to know what your char's root are, where does he live, how his psychology works and etc//. You need to have to reason behind every action your character makes, and the background should serve as a base. If you have a background then it's time to develop your char. From a player's perspective, you know your aim, which is joining a gang, yet you should look at everything from you char's perspective, ask yourself why would my guy/girl want to join a gang? No one joins a gang for fun, nor are gang bangers coming from middle-class families, that's why you need a background. Gangs consist of lower class people, whose families can't support their own children and live in poverty, and a gang is an easy way out of it.
    A boy living in a poverty can easily be deceived by gang's lifestyle, as gangsters love to show off their belongings. So your char got deceived by it and tried to roll with a gang, he can't just go; tag a wall and become a member it's unrealistic.
    1.1 How do you join a gang?
    When you see a group of gang members posting up, don't approach them instantly-stay away little bit at role-playing glancing at them. Try to get their attention. What can you role-play from the start? Role-play being a normal school boy, get a backpack and just stand at a random house which isn't too far or too close to the group, if group posts up at CJ's crib, post up at Dominic Bradley's house. Every time you log, role-play coming from the school with a simple /me; /me slowly walks towards his house, peering around the neighbourhood on the way, then make a line which would grab group's attention; /me spots a group of gang affiliates, quickly sending a glance over them and looking away. From the last /me gang already knows that you have some sort of interest in them, hence they will start to inspect your behaviour. After doing so, do your homework on a porch outside, to present yourself as a regular school kid. When the group comes to you to get to know who you are where you from, say you live in the neighbourhood, no one joins a gang from another hood if they don't reside there, gang won't let them do so.
    1.2 Presenting yourself, interaction.
    When you speak with gang members, don't forget that you are a school kid. To have a better experience and understand how you should act, place yourself in char's place. Speak with utmost respect, and show that you fear them. They are gangsters not your parents to be friendly, they might want to rob you, bully you and etc... When you speak with them, you don't need to have a gangster slangs in your dictionary, vice-versa you IC'ly might not know what terms like; frog, barny, snitch, gat, chrome, forty, crystal, mary jane and etc mean...So you must role-play being confused, and locked up in yourself as you are shy to show you don't know certain things. As you get more and more close to close gang member's, ask questions; Why you smoke pot? Is it good? How does it feel like? and etc...This will bring more realism to the conversation and show your char. When gang asks you to smoke pot, for example, say no. You need to role-play fear, that pot (It can be anything other, cigarette or something) might make you feel bad, and parents might find it out. Family plays an important role in presenting yourself when the gang goes for a walk around the hood, you might not go as your Mom bade a dinner, or your Dad needs your help at a house. High members of gangs should send you on a mission, like bringing beer from a store. When they do so, bring a wrong beer or say that they didn't give you beer cause you under age. Not to speak more, you have to fuck up from beginning and IC'ly learn your mistakes. Slowly as you get more and more close to the gang, role-play skipping school and posting up at the hood, then ask higher-ups to give you some sort of job, it can be cleaning their vehicle, or acting as a messenger from one gang to another. When you will get a gun, imagine what kind of stress it might be for you to hold it for the first time? You don't know how it works, you don't know what safety button is, how to aim and stuff...
    When it comes time to kill for the first time, you have two options either you kill or you can't pull down the trigger.
    1.3 Consequences.
    If you pulled down the trigger, you get a praise from the gang, yet there's more to it. Taking one's life is the hardest thing to do, and every killer went through the depression after the first kill, you aren't an exception. After you kill, you need to seriously start self-char development, you might lock up in yourself and be depressed. Your character won't be same anymore, at the first IC'ly act that you are depressed, can't sleep at night, which will damage your physical and mental health. It's up to a player to further go in details what will happen to char,
    If you don't pull a trigger, you will be mocked, bullied by your friends. Your char will feel the same way as he was first when he got to know the gang, distanced and not respected. You will have to start everything from a scratch, which if you ask me is better. You will wait for another opportunity to kill, and when it comes you will do it only to stay with your new "friends".
    2. What can you role-play daily?
    1. Role-play coming from school, doing homework.
    2. Get a bike (mountain bike, or BMX).
    2.1 You can toss newspapers to the porches.
    2.2. Just have fun.
    2.3 Role-play cleaning it, fixing it.
    3. Role-play having a dog,
    3.1 RP's get the dog out for a walk and use /do to make dog's actions.
    After you are more or less with gang members
    4. Get dice.
    4.1 Play dice for fun.
    4.2 Make bets with dice.
    5. Be ill from time to time.
    5.1 Have a cold or some sort of disease.
    5.2 Broken part of a body.
    6. Get headphones and listen to music.

I might delete it or expand it depending on the response coming from th community. I wrote it for Grove, and it needs some adjustments.
    Last edited by Chris Sanchez; 2nd August 2016 at 03:02 PM.

2. Laughed at Henry Anderson laughed at this post
    WTF'd Henry Anderson WTF'd this post
    Sean Johnson
    Great guide from a great roleplayer.

4. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    J
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solid guide, it'll help one or two newcomers understand a few basics. Nice one Chris.
    an everyone wanna try eat with the team but you weren't there doing up missions

6. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrelle™ View Post
    Solid guide, it'll help one or two newcomers understand a few basics. Nice one Chris.
    Thanks, I didn't really want to post this cause people are mostly toxic here. I guess I'll go write more advanced if people will like this one.

8. Likes J liked this post
    Old School Cads
    6 Year Veteran

In-Game Name(s)
    Iratus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just Chris Sanchez...he is maybe one of the few guys that still keep it real the gangsta RP in that server. Great guide brotha.
    | My Mapping Showcase |
    The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearted and strenuous effort.
    I miss you and the times who i forget you.
    These strange hours who i don't want anyone, just only you.
    I love deep, i hate deeper.

10. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post
    10 Year Veteran 500 Posts Rusty.'s Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    fetty wap
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'd be better if it were made by someone coming from one of the thousands of Projects in the United States, not someone outside the United States. Not being racist or judgmental but that's my opinion. Although it's nice seeing that half of the server is made up of foreigners anyway, they can role play the foreigner way of a gangster which is what you've boxed up in a tidy guide here.

12. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post

1 Year Veteran
    Beta Tester
    01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01001110 01100001 01101000
    In-Game Name(s)
    Rikona_Fugiwara Zendiya_Betts (Alt)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also one thing, while you are being arrested for the first time, show fear. One thing I commonly see with some of these gangster characters is that they are always like fuck the police and shit. At least when you get arrested for the first time around try to comply unless you have a real IC reason like fear of being shot by the police during the arrest. Also as a gangbanger you must LOATHE the idea of Demorgan. I suggest rping a "Not going back" attitude and either RP working smarter or increased recklessness when dealing with the police after you have been through Demorgan.

|| Conundrum - The Foundation: Reformation ||

|| Ex-Community Helper || The Original Architect || Beta Tester ||

Family/Faction History

|| Denise Robertson - RIP
    ||
    ||
    Grove Street Families - Hoodrat || Insane Tree Top Pirus - Unranked ||

|| Aiko Fugiwara - RIP
    ||
    ||
    Dokuro-Kai Yakuza - Oyabun || Za Fugiwara Shinjiketo - Bosu ||
    || Los Santos Police Department - Junior Detective ||

|| Rikona Fugiwara - Alive
    ||
    ||
    San Andreas News - TV Department Manager ||
    ||
    HAMC: Bone County - Hangaround - Mainly a Mechanic || Project 7895123 - Engineer ||
    ||
    Hitman Agency - Operative || Obsidian Security Co. - Executive Director || DHMC - VP's Bitch ||
    ||
    The Foundation - The Architect ||

|| Former U/C Identities -
    Hitman Agency - Operative ||
    ||
    Zendiya Betts - Grove Street Families - G'enforcer || Mercedes Castillo - Los Zetas Cartel - Enforcer ||
    ||
    Vittoria Adillini - Palermo Industries - Manager ||

||Why I left ||
    ||(For those that care)||

Spoiler!

14. Likes Rev Reigns, Chris Sanchez liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Travis
    Post Thanks / Like
    thx for the tutorial but i dont think any people are going to try this as the server has turned into total aids. again thanks for the tutorial.

16. Laughed at Rusty. laughed at this post
    SAN
    Silver V.I.P.

In-Game Name(s)
    -
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty professional.

18. Laughed at Milo_hanandez laughed at this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentNightmaidPhelps View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking lol how tf this foreigner gonna know how American gang members act lol probably from gangland
    I can say you haven't had any experience with gangs in your life, except maybe get robbed by them or bullied. If you see that there's something wrong with my guide, which isn't "real" American role-play feel free to tell me vm/pm me and I'll consider it. Most of the people who role-play gangsters aren't even American, yet they do nothing wrong. Thanks for the response anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_Anderson View Post

Pretty professional.
    I told you to explain yourself or go away, yet you neg-repped me. Tell me what's wrong with my guide, and I'll gladly consider it.

Thanks to those who gave me feedback and showed support.
    Last edited by Chris Sanchez; 2nd August 2016 at 03:28 PM.

5 Year Veteran
    Grove Street Families
    In-Game Name(s)
    Robi Anghelina, Jayson Lewis.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing guide, Chris. Maybe it'll improve the RP on here, who knows.
    Spoiler!

21. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post
    Retired Developer 500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts500 Posts Moonbear's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Desmond
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry no guide can't be stickied but hey, nice guide!
    I'm a MoonBear

4 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Ross_Gyonson's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Antwonne Winslow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I became a Quadruple OG using this way, In just a 2 days! Thanks Chris.
    Last edited by Ross_Gyonson; 2nd August 2016 at 04:06 PM.

In-Game Name(s)
    Valeri Khasanov
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentNightmaidPhelps View Post
    You know nothing about my life so shut the fuck up. I grew up in a real bad area but my fam managed to move out of there and the reason I said an American should have made the guide is because American gang members act completely different from Romanian gangsters or where ever the fuck your from. Most of these noobs on here don't even role play properly like American gang members(except Dinero, Rusty and them)so how the fuck are you gonna be the judge and say they're doing nothing wrong lol. RP walking your dog is the part that had me dead lmao
    Beleive me gangsterrs won't come to criminals from my country, not even close. I'm glad laugh didn't end up killing you, I repeat myself once more if there's something wrong with my role-play you can vm/pm me anytime so I can fix it.
    I'm from Georgia.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Which kid has 10 mill for a BMX

26. Laughed at Nal laughed at this post
    Likes SupahLemuel liked this post
    In-Game Name(s)
    Destiny.
    Post Thanks / Like
    truth be told, everyone portrays a gangster their own way. you can only really roleplay a gangster if you're about that life for real because if not, you come off as a part time goon that doesn't know shit about the streets and uses cringey one liners to act "gangster"

stop it please

Quote Originally Posted by Rikona
    Also one thing, while you are being arrested for the first time, show fear. One thing I commonly see with some of these gangster characters is that they are always like fuck the police and shit. At least when you get arrested for the first time around try to comply unless you have a real IC reason like fear of being shot by the police during the arrest. Also as a gangbanger you must LOATHE the idea of Demorgan. I suggest rping a "Not going back" attitude and either RP working smarter or increased recklessness when dealing with the police after you have been through Demorgan.
    anyone with common sense knows you dont say fuck the police straight up. you simply get low and stay away from the feds. there's no development in this server for characters so you either got have your shit setup from the getgo or dont do it at all. kids hop on this shit on some "my parents died a few minutes before i created my characters but some corrupt feds so fuck the cops" but then turn into a shemale and calling the next nigga daddy a week later. no subs
    Last edited by Destiny; 2nd August 2016 at 09:07 PM.

Spoiler!

28. Laughed at A L E X laughed at this post
    Likes SupahLemuel liked this post
    5 Year Veteran 500 Posts500 Posts Lorente's Avatar
    In-Game Name(s)
    Pedro Lorente - Rutledge Anderwood
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Virus View Post

Which kid has 10 mill for a BMX
    Who said he pays for it? His parents. It's not 10 mill rp'ly tho lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yousef Raouf View Post
    Who said he pays for it? His parents. It's not 10 mill rp'ly tho lol.
    Yes it is... Thats the IC price of a BMX

5 Year Veteran
    In-Game Name(s)
    hensley
    Post Thanks / Like
    nvm delete
    Last edited by Dylan Fresh; 2nd August 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Deactivated
    In-Game Name(s)
    Avery_Booker Joe_Cook
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sanchez View Post
    Thanks, I didn't really want to post this cause people are mostly toxic here. I guess I'll go write more advanced if people will like this one.
    Who gives a fuck what other kids think? You don't know them.

Great guide.

33. Likes Chris Sanchez liked this post